Sunday, June 5, 2016

Just A Girl & A Job

So I graduated exactly three weeks and one day ago. 

Tomorrow I start my job, oh yeah did I forget to mention...I got a job. 

I guess this is what the majority of those who graduate from college do afterwards.

I accepted a position at Apex Systems in Insbrook as a technical recruiter right before graduation and am really excited for this next adventure. Obviously moving to Houston or staying in Richmond was something that I was somewhat struggling with. I really ended up giving myself an ultimatum; if I was employed before graduation I would stay if not I was planning on going to Houston to start my job search there. In all honesty I know that staying in Richmond was the best decision for me currently and am happy with not only that but the job that I decided to take as well. 

Being an adult is no joke; it comes with a lot of bills and a lot of decisions.  While I've learned in my three weeks of being one that it comes with a lot of responsibilities I'm welcoming it and a routine with open arms. It has also been really nice to have this time to visit who I wanted and do the things I could before I started this new 8-5 life.

I'm looking forward to getting settled in a new routine, meeting new people, and finding the balance that I know will all work out.


I'm coming for you real world.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment