Time is getting away from me, yesterday was August and I was coming back
to Farmville for Senior year. Today I have 11 days (when I started this post it was 27) left until Fall
semester comes to a close and I head home for Christmas break. This means I'm one step
closer to graduation which is also known as being an adult. It is all a little frightening if I'm being honest but I strongly believe that all good things are preceded by chaos.
Fall has finally made an appearance around here, it took long enough. I wouldn't classify myself as a regular rule breaker but I'm a fan of white after Labor Day.
We had our last Open House of the semester this month and I couldn't have been more proud! It was a great end to my position and I'm ready to pass the bell down. Recruitment will be here before we know it!
Breakfast is my thing. A good omelet? Yes. Pancakes? Yes. Orange juice? Absolutely.
Does this really need an explanation? Me in a nutshell.
A few weekends ago Delta Nu celebrated Sigma Kappa's 141st Founders Day which is on November 9th. It was a beautiful afternoon spent lunching with our wonderful chapter and alumni at Charlies. It's nice to have a little day to remember how lucky we are to be apart of such a great organization.
Some of my favorite Sigma Kappa memories.
We had King of Our Heart later that week which is one of our biggest philanthropy events of the year! It was a great time as always and raises money for a create organization! A lot of hard work goes into it so it is always good to see it all pay off.
Senior research is in full swing around here. We had poster sessions last week, manuscripts are due Tuesday, and the final oral presentation is on Wednesday night. I'm ready for this class to wind down, it has been a lot of work and I wouldn't have been able to do it without my fabulous partner! It has been so rewarding to see all of our hard work come to life!
Sigma Kappa had it's annual Date Party was last weekend and Molly was the best date I've ever taken. Who says you need a man? We had a lot of fun and it really reminded me how lucky I am to have such wonderful friends!
We had our annual Sisterhoodgiving before heading home for break. It was so good, as always I've actually never been able to go to the previous years because of night classes so I was pretty excited to be able to attend. The amount of food that we had for 10 people was a little ridiculous but what can I say? We like to eat.
I headed home for Thanksgiving break Tuesday morning and it was so nice to be home for a little while. There is something about sleeping in your own bed that does the soul good along with meals that you don't have to prepare. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving spread and I think I'm still full, we had left overs for days. I picked up some shifts at work, made way too many cookies, and caught up on a lot of much needed work. A nice little recharge that was much needed.
The countdown until Christmas begins: 26 days.
I'll leave you with a little Molly and America love.
xo















No comments:
Post a Comment