This weekend was oh so good and really our first true Fall weekend. Temperatures dipped down into the 50s and it was really the first time that I have had the chance to dig out sweaters and boots.
Last week was pretty low key being a short one due to Fall Break being that Monday/Tuesday, I don't have Friday classes and will take a 2 day week whenever they come around. Izzy made a quick trip to Farmville after work on Friday and spent the weekend with me, oh how I miss her around here.
We decided to make the trek to Charlottesville as they were holding the most recent J.Crew Warehouse sale. I (and my Dad) have a weakness for these sales, they don't happen too often and I've scored some killer deals at them! I finally convinced Izzy that we should go and because I really wanted an excuse to go to Carter's Mountain.
Talk about a gorgeous Saturday which was accompanied by some major UVA football traffic. We finally made it to the sale and we left completely empty handed within three minutes of entering. One too many boxes and one too many sweaters on the floor for my liking. I think the key is to go on the first day, can't win them all!
We made our way to Carter's Mountain, one of my absolute favorite checklist items to do in October. I love apples, Granny Smiths to be exact with a side of PB or cheese. We made it up the mountain in record time for peak season and parking was a breeze compared to past experiences. It is definitely something that I highly recommend, they actually opened Bold Rock Cidery in the bottom of their barn which is an extra plus in my book.
The donuts. These things are dangerous and amazing, I've never had them and don't know how I hadn't heard about them before. So good with coffee in the morning!
It was a wonderful Fall filled weekend with gorgeous weather. I always forget that Charlottesville is a pretty quick drive from Farmville and let be honest it gets a little boring around here! It was a nice change of pace and fun to get out and explore!
Until next year Carter's Mountain.
xo










No comments:
Post a Comment