Thursday, September 11, 2014

9/11

Today marks the 13th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. I feel like the older I have gotten to more somber the day becomes. It always seems to turn into a day of reflection, which is exactly what I have done so far this morning. 

Today makes me count my blessings, the many that I am blessed with. Call my family and tell them how much I love them. And hug a few people a little tighter. 

Today is a day of remembrance of those that we lost, a day that unites us as a nation. A day that we will never forget. 

A few years ago I visited the 9/11 Memorial, it is something that I highly encourage people to take advantage of if they get the opprotunity. It was a humbling experience and one that I will never forget. 

It was actually underway when I went and I hear that it has only improved since being finished.




My favorite part of the memorial was The Survivor Tree, the tree that was found on Ground Zero and was transplanted and is still thriving to this day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment